FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 10 December 2014

VIDEO: My Makeup Faves on Another Jenn's Face!

Hi, everyone! If you peeked at my last post, you'll know that this week is all about a couple of fun collabs with Jenn from A Beautiful Zen! My first installment paired our favourite skin care and lipstick picks and prompted you to take a stab at which belonged to yours truly (answers at the end of this post!).  You can also take a look at Jenn's take on this, here!

For Part 2 of our collaboration, we decided to embark on an experiment. We realized that, while we're quite used to painting our own faces every day, we don't get to practice our makeup application on other people all that often. So, what would it be like to unleash our makeup skills and habits on each other? Even further, how would our personal beauty favourites translate on each other's complexions?

We decided to set these questions in motion and I'm here to share with you the results! I gathered my most-used brushes, colours, and beauty hacks and dove in primer-first! We decided to film our efforts, so the result was two laughter-filled videos (including my first-ever!). I was thrilled to finally take the leap and film a proper tutorial- a bit nerve-wracking, but incredibly fun!

To check out Jenn's video, where she acts as my personal makeup artist, click here!


I really hope you enjoy watching the tutorial! Apologies for the length of the video- as it's my first baby, it was difficult chopping it down too much! And you'll also notice a quick cameo by my jogging, flailing boyfriend at the outset of the clip. Note to self- make sure to clear the scene before starting the video :)

So without further ado, here I am applying my staple makeup products on the lovely Jenn!




Here are some shots of the completed look I created on Jenn, which featured Half Baked, Smog, and Dark Horse from the Urban Decay Naked Palette, Inglot Fusion Blush & Illuminator #203, and Milani Colour Statement Lipstick in Flamingo Pose. I most often reach for bronze eyes, shimmery coral cheeks, and a bright pink lip, so that's exactly what what I channeled for this!




And a few of my favourite screenshots to commemorate my first-ever video tutorial :)




So what do you think?! Do you think my makeup favourites translate on this other Jenn? As always, I got a bit heavy-handed with the blush and eyeliner, but that's how I roll!

Thanks to Jenn for making these fun collaborations come to life and a huge thank you to all of you for watching!

And, as promised, here are the answers to my Let's Play post

  • Skin Care: Me=A, Jenn=B 
  • Lipsticks: Jenn=A, Me=B

I knew you were all dying from suspense! ;) Cheers!

29 comments:

  1. Loved watching the fun videos of you guys using your makeup looks on each other's faces! The smoky golden eyeshadow look is great on Jenn, and her nude lipstick looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much for watching, Terri! These videos were so fun to film :)

      Delete
  2. Great tutorial! I love the end result!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! love your writing style ever since you started this blog dear! great job ♥

    New fun post on the blog sweetie!
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both look gorgeous! That lipstick is adorable!

    www.tragicwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was fun getting Jenn to wear one of my favourite bright lipsticks :)

      Delete
  5. Super video I subsribed to your channel :) I am on youtube too, would love if you would check out my channel too :) Maybe you'll like it.

    Wish you all the best,

    xx Nicola

    www.morning-elegance.com
    www.youtube.com/morningeleganceblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for subscribing and for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  6. Hahaha it's HILARIOUS to see you guys do makeup on each other! It's so much fun to see your signature look on Jenn (and the other way around). I mean, I am really not used to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was definitely a switch, but so much fun! Thanks for watching, Sunny! xo

      Delete
  7. you are so cute as a host! i thnk you have a new career path dude lol thanks for pairing up with me on this. the reception has been great and it was totally fun to do with a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! It definitely gave me the urge to film more videos! Thanks so much for posing these ideas- I think they turned out great and were so super fun to put together :)

      Delete
  8. Love this! Such a fun post/video!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh it was so cool to see you in a video! I'm debating starting to make videos myself but I wouldn't really know where to begin haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Mali! I'd been wanting to film videos for a while, and luckily Jenn had the savvy (and the good camera) to make it happen! Definitely wanting to make more now :)

      Delete
  10. It's so fun to make someone else makeup. I find I always learn a lot doing it. The lipstick shade looks great on Jenn! It's so vibrant!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | TOO FACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexandra! It's one of my favourite lip shades and I was happy that Jenn liked it :)

      Delete
  11. Beautiful make up! Thanks for the visit.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fun! Loved it! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Nancy! Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  13. So fun! I love how you went right into MUA mode, you are so confident on camera. Make more videos!

    Rebecca | morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! It was super fun getting into MUA mode. I definitely want to make more! :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)