FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Veracious Product Review: Tom Ford Lip Colour in True Coral

Hey, everyone! Time for another gushy Tom Ford review! In my last two posts I featured a Look of the Day and a blush review highlighting some new purchases from the brand, and today's shines a light on one of the line's incredibly beautiful Lip Colours


Tom Ford Lip Colours come in a quilted, shiny brown box with golden lettering and the brand's logo:


The tube itself is shiny and rectangular with gold accents. It looks black under artificial lighting, but in sunlight you can see a brownish, slightly tortoiseshell effect. It is wonderfully weighty, which makes it feel very luxurious when in hand.


The top of the tube is golden metallic with an embossed "TF":


And the bottom features the shade name and net weight:


The packaging is to-die-for, but luckily the lipstick itself is equally as elegant. A nice touch is the "TF" logo imprinted into the lipstick bullet, which is quite deeply imprinted, so it will survive many uses. So great that it doesn't disappear instantly!


Tom Ford offers a beautiful range of stunning, iconic shades, but it was True Coral that won my heart. True Coral is a warm orange red with noticeable pinky undertones. It really is a perfect coral! The orange in the shade makes it incredibly vibrant and the pink keeps it from being too stark. It's a definite stunner!

The formula itself is rich and pigmented, with an instant colour payoff. It is ultra moisturizing on the lips, leaving a dewy glow without being too slick or glossy. It has a lovely, sophisticated vanilla scent that just adds to the pleasure of applying it. Makes me want to apply it every 5 minutes, but that wouldn't be very economical (or necessary- the wear time is great!).

Here's a swatch of it on my arm (on the left) against my NC15 skin tone:

(L-R): Tom Ford Lip Colour in True Coral and Tom Ford Cheek Colour in Flush

And a shot of it on my lips:


And a couple shots of me wearing it (sorry for the repeats- these are the same as from my Look of the Day!):




And the pros and cons!

Pros:

  • Incredibly pigmented- one swipe gives excellent coverage
  • An instantly smooth, easy application- feels incredibly comfortable on the lips
  • Strikes the perfect balance between a matte and glossy finish- leaves an elegant, dewy glow
  • Very moisturizing without being too slick or shiny
  • True Coral is a stunning coral shade to that will suit most neutral and warm skin tones, from light to dark
  • Extremely long-wearing without drying out lips, fades gracefully
  • Beautiful, weighty, luxurious packaging
Cons:
  • Again, the price. I've never paid over $40 for a lip product, so at $55, this is the most costly in my collection by far
  • True Coral might be unflattering for very cool-toned skin (but I'd still give it a go!)

Well, as you can see, this lipstick has me raving! I'm not at all surprised that Tom Ford makes such beautiful lip products, but I'm thrilled to finally have one in my collection! The formula is right up there with other top-notch lipsticks from brands like Guerlain and Chantecaille and True Coral really is a perfect shade! I have a dangerous feeling that I'll be needing more TF Lip Colours, but because of the price, I'll pace myself for now ;)

Have you tried any Tom Ford Lip Colours? Is True Coral up your alley?

Thanks for reading! :)

48 comments:

  1. Wow, this lip colour is insanely gorgeous! I've never tried anything from Tom Ford - the price has always put me off. But I would love to receive one of these beauties under the Christmas tree!

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The prices are crazy, but the products are super lovely :)

      Delete
  2. again what lux packaging! i'm glad this was moisturizing. if i'm gonna splurge on a high end brand it really has to do more than all other lipstick you know? and being drying is defs a no go.
    i have a guerlain lipstick and it is seriously such a good formula! i bought it with my shoppers points but i wouldn't buy it regularly. its nice to treat your self (esp when its on points lol)

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Guerlain lipsticks are fab too :)

      Delete
  3. wow looks like a gorgeous colour!!
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. That color looks gorgeous on you!! You make it sound wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why it won your heart over, it looks beautieful on you.I have yet to try one, now I want to go and buy one!!
    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad I've inspired you :)

      Delete
  6. Yeowza! That's expensive! But so gorgeous, it's almost impossible to say no!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stupid expensive, but is really wonderful :)

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful colour - you are stunning Jen, I just read your profile - there is no way you are 30!?! You look fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much Sophie! So sweet of you to say :)

      Delete
  8. OMG I love this on you.
    Jen your recently Tom Ford posts are going to impact my finances.
    I can't wait to venture off to Holts over the Christmas holiday.
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! But I'll apologize to your wallet :)

      Delete
  9. This is such a lovely post! I like your makeup and the color of your lipstick is so lovely.



    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Lifestyle Blog


    - Facebook
    - Bloglovin
    - Instagram @whatkennyhearts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just to let you know - i've tagged you in the Would You Rather tag on my blog. (:
    http://vondork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/the-would-you-rather-tag.html

    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would by it just for my initials, since Tom Ford and I have that in common..haha. The color looks lovely on you. :))

    Sincerely,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tania! Nice that the initials would match for you :)

      Delete
  12. Oh woe! it's really pretty...
    This lip color is very gorgeous........


    http://www.jollychic.com/?a_aid=SIRIUSIT

    ReplyDelete
  13. The color is so pretty! Looks really nice on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janne! It's one of my new faves :)

      Delete
  14. You're so pretty in that lipstick shade color dear!! :))

    Hope you check out my blog too dear :)
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colour suits you so well, completely gorgeous, it may be pricey but it does look gorgeous on

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Pricey for sure, but it's super lovely :)

      Delete
  16. Quite expensive indeed, but it ís looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it's really fantastic! Thanks for stopping by, Eline :)

      Delete
  17. oo wow the packaging looks fabulous!
    and the colour is amazing!!
    suits you so well <3

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're killing me with all that Tom Ford stuff!!! I'm just getting new lemmings as I read lol
    I will have to stay with my Guerlain until I can visit the US to buy TF$ ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad I'm tempting you. They really are lovely! But apologies to your wallet ;)

      Delete
  19. oh my, i'm in love. i've never tried Tom Ford before.. but this is quite compelling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So worth checking out! Pricey, but ultra lovely. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  20. Aww, glad I've tempted you! It's really a lovely shade! xo

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)