FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Friday 6 December 2013

Look of the Day: True Coral

Hi, everyone! I can't believe it's the weekend again already- but no complaints from me about that! Time for another Look of the Day. Today's look centers around two ultra luxe goodies that I splurged on lately from Tom Ford. I'd been lusting after this line for some time and had generally been protected by the brand's astronomical prices because it was not sold anywhere here in Toronto. Well, that all changed last month when a Tom Ford counter opened up at the Holt Renfrew on Bloor Street. Be still my heart (and my wallet)!


I'd still been hesitating to purchase makeup from the brand because of the price point, but at the end of November I found myself with both a gift card and coupon for Holts, so I finally bit the bullet! This is what I brought home with me:

(L-R): Tom Ford Lip Colour in True Coral and Tom Ford Cheek Colour in Flush

I opted for Tom Ford Lip Colour in True Coral (a rich, warm, reddish coral with pink undertones) and Tom Ford Cheek Colour in Flushed (a bold, warm coral with gold micro-shimmer). I will be writing comprehensive reviews on each coming up, but in short, I'm completely smitten! The textures and wear-time of both are incredible, the shades are stunning, and, of course, I feel rather chic using them!

Here's a shot of True Coral on my lips:


As you can see, the formula is pigmented, slightly dewy, and oh so flattering on the lips! Here's a shot of Flushed:


I find the blush to be perfectly pigmented on the cheeks and can be worn subtly or built up for a stronger look. I was a bit intimidated by the shimmer at first, but on the skin it is incredibly subtle and elegant. It's in a similar vein of NARS Orgasm or Torrid Powder Blushes, but I have to say (as much as I love NARS), this Tom Ford blush blows them out of the water in terms of texture!

To contrast the coral cheeks and lips, I went for a subtle, golden eye (thanks to the wonderful Stila Oasis Eye Shadow) and black liquid liner (my trusty Revlon ColourStay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black).

Here's a full breakdown of everything that went into the look!

The Breakdown:

Foundation Primer: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer
Foundation: Revlon ColourStay Whipped Creme makeup in Buff
Concealers: BeneFit Fake-Up in Light (under eyes) and MAC Select Cover-Up in NC20 (on blemishes)
Powder: MAC Blot Powder in Medium
Highligher/Bronzer: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
Blush: Tom Ford Cheek Colour in Flush

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde/Taupe and Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel
Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Eye Shadow: Clinique Chubby Stick Eye Pencil in Bountiful Beige (as a base all over lid), Stila Eye Shadow in Oasis (over top of Bountiful Beige) and MAC Eye Shadow in Ricepaper (on brow bone and inner corners of the eye) 

Eyeliner: Revlon ColourStay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black (on upper lash line) and NYX Wonder Pencil in Light (on lower waterline)
Mascara: Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara in Black

Lipstick: Tom Ford Lip Colour in True Coral


And a few more shots of the look:







Overall, I couldn't be happier with both of the Tom Ford goodies I snagged last month. While I'm in no hurry to accrue a huge Tom Ford stash (I think my wallet would go on strike!), these products will definitely be among my most-used in the coming months. And it was also quite fun to play with coral tones during December. I find coral tends to make me feel vibrant and alive, which is so needed in the dead of winter!

What are your thoughts on the look? Have you splurged on any Tom Ford items? What are your favourite coral-toned makeup products?

Have a great weekend! :)

49 comments:

  1. Wow,so pretty,you look great,dear. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a powder or cream blush, Jen?
    Auntie M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that lipstick shade! You definitely suit it.

    Amy xo
    www.VonDork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was an instant favourite! xo

      Delete
  4. Beautiful look and good breakdown. I could KILL for that Tom Ford blush, the shade is stunning! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte! The blush was totally worth the splurge :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! I have that blush and it is encouraging me to wear it tomorrow :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad I inspired you to give it a go- it really is so lovely :)

      Delete
  6. Cute look.
    Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup - TF blush formulas look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lord, Tom Ford... I was *this* close to treat myself to one of their bright orange lipsticks and managed to drag myself away from the Harrods counter. But both products look amazing on you! That blush is so natural! Just added it to my wish list, ha x

    9 out of ten | find me on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I like how your first line rhymed ;) Thanks so much- I hesitated about the splurge, but I've found both products to be worth every penny! xo

      Delete
  9. beautiful as always jen! lol im avoiding the TF counter at holts and thankfully the prices are just high enough that the sticker shock has made that easy to do. but still, these look so lovely...i could just go and swatch right? :P
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good strategy! I couldn't avoid it any longer- both have been so worth the splurge! :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely look that looks great on you! ^^
    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know :)

    http://headenough.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! Will stop by your blog soon :)

      Delete
  11. You are so beautiful and this lipstick is amazing!

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: http://spiked-soul.blogspot.com/ :)
    Have a nice day!

    Elwira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Elwira! Will stop by your blog soon :)

      Delete
  12. you look so pretty ! love your lipstick :) so beautiful shade :) thanks for visiting my blog love !! would you like to follow each other :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! Will stop by your blog again soon :)

      Delete
  13. That blush is completely amazing! I have to own it! Great make-up look xo

    Rosebud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! The blush really is worth it! xo

      Delete
  14. Your makeup is stunning! Love the eyes, your lashes are huge! so pretty!
    Andrea
    phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Andrea! You are too sweet :)

      Delete
  15. You look stunning! I like this look on you! I'd like to keep in touch and lets follow each other! xx
    xx Cecil James
    http://ceciljames.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Will stop by your blog soon :)

      Delete
  16. This looks amazing on you!
    I am in particularly loving that bush.
    Amazing purchase.
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tanya! I'm so happy with both of them :)

      Delete
  17. Nice blog i like your beauty.....

    Visit www.itsmyfun.net for great fun

    ReplyDelete
  18. Revlon colorstay is the besstttt <3

    www.furandbomb.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate empty wallets and totally feel your pain. Mine always cries when I want to splurge on YSL lippy. I've been meaning to try Tom Ford for a while now, kinda just opting to wait for whenever I get to travel overseas like duty free or something, that's where I usually let the purse strings loose. After reading this (and seeing) I really want to try it out now. Maybe I can add this lippy to my Santa list LOL!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com
    WIN A $200 GIFT CARD TO NET-A-PORTER OR SHOPBOP! LAST DAY TO ENTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! A splurge for sure, but worth it! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  20. Wow, I think that is some of the most beautiful blush I've ever seen. It truly makes you look like you're flushed and glowing, like some sort of pre-Raphaelite painting (your hair adds to the effect too!).

    Also, how is it that TF can make even his packaging impossibly glamorous and classy?

    Xo,

    Elise

    www.w-t-fab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Elise! It really does give a lovely glow. Thanks for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  21. The make-up looks amazing on you, you are so pretty, also that blush rocks!
    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sara! It really is a fantastic blush :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)