FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Sunday 29 December 2013

Currently Craving: NYC Edition!

Hi, everyone! Time for another installment of my wishlist series, Currently Craving. This entry is extra special, because it features the goodies that I'm eyeing up for my trip to New York City next week! NYC is my absolute favourite place to visit and this time around I have the amazing task of showing my boyfriend around the city. It's his first time in the Big Apple! While the trip will centre around exploring the most interesting and beautiful nooks and crannies of the city, girl's gotta think a little about shopping too! ;)

In terms of a wishlist, I'm really focusing on brands that I can't find here in Toronto. While nearly everything is at my disposal here, New York does house a few beauty lines that are currently out of my reach. Here are the products that are really calling my name! 




Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask
Omorovicza is a brand first brought to my attention by Ruth at A Model Recommends. She touted the line as pure luxury with noticeable efficacy, so my interest was piqued! She particularly raved about this Deep Cleansing Mask, which she claimed was the ultimate deep cleanse. Given that my skin tends to get more congested during the colder months, this sounded right up my alley! Omorovicza claims that this mask is infused with "Hungary's famous healing waters and mineral-infused muds", including calcium, magnesium, zinc, and copper, which work to deep clean, brighten, mattify, and draw out impurities. All sounds good to me! (from cultbeauty.co.uk)

Omorovicza Thermal Cleaning Balm
It was Estee from Essie Button that tempted me with this Omorovicza treat. The Thermal Cleansing Balm is a "nightly cleanser and super fast makeup remover" with a "black oily balm" consistency. The brand touts that it's "rich in clays that draw out impurities, clearing congested pores, while introducing key minerals calcium, zinc, copper, and magnesium". It's supposed to boost collagen synthesis, strengthen skin's natural barrier, and provide antioxidant defense against free radicals. Not your typical cleanser! (from cultbeauty.co.uk)

Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment
I believe it was Into the Gloss that first alerted me to this emerging cult brand. Luxury, eco-friendly, and totally chic, Sunday Riley definitely has me tempted. One of their top-selling products, their Good Genes Serum and Mask is hailed as "an elixir of youth". It's described as a "multi-tasking treatment and mask that smooths, refines, clarifies and brightens" with lactic acid (to exfoliate), liquorice (to brighten), lemongrass (improves circulation) and a "patented NV-5 Ageless Complex" that reverses damage caused by acne, pollution, sunlight, and unhealthy lifestyle. It can be used either as a daily treatment or as a more occasional treatment mask. It promises much (maybe too much), but I have high hopes! (from cultbeauty.co.uk)

Jouer In the Red Makeup Kit
Again, it was Estee from Essie Button that brought this makeup line to my attention. Jouer is known for high quality formulas and unique interlocking packaging and their In the Red Makeup Kit seems to be a fantastic introduction to the brand for those who like neutral eyes and rosy red lips and cheeks. Described as a "one-stop makeup shop", this set includes two eye shadows, a bronzer, a sheer powder, a lip and cheek tint and lip gloss. Looks perfect for the holidays or any time you want a touch of glam! (from cultbeauty.co.uk)

By Terry Baume de Rose
Lily from Lily Pebbles sold me on this ultra luxury (can you tell I'm easily swayed by other bloggers' recommendations?!) and it's a tough one to scratch off my wishlist, despite the exorbitant price. Touted as an"ultra-glamorous, multiprotective and nutri-plenishing SOS treatment" for lips and nails, Baume de Rose is designed to be rich and soothing, creamy and non-sticky, and lightly scented with a classic rose fragrance. It also contains SPF15, which sets it apart from other balms (from barneys.com). 


Jouer Matte Moisture Tint
Another example of when Estee from Essie Button acted as a huge pusher, I was instantly transfixed with the idea of a tinted moisturizer with a matte finish. It's definitely a hard combination to find and something my oily skin has been looking for! Jouer claims that this product is "perfect dewy matte skin in a tube!"  Cult Beauty promises that this"liquid miracle disguises shadows and blemishes whilst actively reducing the appearance of dark circles" while letting congested skin breathe. It features a  lightweight, seamless, hydrating formula with "sheer, shine-free coverage", SPF 15, and vitamins A, C, and E. I have high hopes for this one! (from cultbeauty.co.uk)

By Terry Sheer Expert Foundation
I'm beginning to realize that everything on this list is the result of enabling from my favourite bloggers! Once again, Ruth at A Model Recommends introduced me to the wonders of By Terry. She's raved about the foundations from this brand, and I'm much tempted by the Sheer Expert Foundation, which "adjusts and blends with the skin to reveal a perfect and natural complexion [with a] combination of camouflage prisms, powder microspheres, and mimetic micro-pigments". It claims to camouflage imperfections, fight shine, blur signs of aging, and adapt automatically all skin types. It promises a matte, but non-drying finsih that plumps skin, smooths lines, and brightens the complexion. Sounds like heaven in a tube! (from barneys.com)

Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer
This is another cult product that I read about on Into the Gloss. It's essentially a tinted mouse foundation primer that promises loads more than your typical spackle. This "oil-free and oxygen rich" primer can be worn on its own or underneath foundation, Cult Beauty touts that the primer's "hyaluronic acid keeps skin hydrated while anti-glycation peptides help to boost cell regeneration and counteract the deterioration of collagen and elastin". The formula is designed to even skin tone without clogging pores or leaving an oily finish. Since my skin is prone to unevenness and breakouts, this sounds like the ultimate primer for me! While I'm usually sensitive to silicones in base products, this primer's "Rejuvenox" complex counteracts the silicone on the formula to let skin breathe. Sound like an intense claim? Yes, but it's one worth testing! (from cultbeauty.co.uk)

Inglot Eye Shadow Freedom System Custom Palette
One final shout out to Essie Button, who raved about the quality and affordability of Inglot shadows. Not only are the formulas top-notch, they offer their unique Freedom System, which allows  you to customize your own palettes. So much fun! Inglot offers 158 shades of shadow that are all paraben-free and not tested on animals. NYC has a couple of Inglot shops- can't wait to stop by and create my own! (from inglotcosmetics.com)

By Terry Hyaluronic Blush
And clearly Ruth from A Model Recommends has done much to fatten this wishlist. Her final influence here is with By Terry's Hyaluronic Blush, which is a "weightless... blush mousse [that] sculpts cheekbones and creates volume with a long-lasting fresh fresh print of colour". Ruth promised that the formula blends seamlessly over top of foundation and leaves a natural, glowy finish. Sounds like a wonderful touch of luxury for the cheeks! (from barneys.com)


And there you have it! So I've recognized that almost everything on this list is dangerously expensive. Leave it to the Big Apple to tempt me with super luxurious goods! I'll definitely have to curate this list into a manageable-sized haul, but that will be part of the thrill!

Before I leave on my trip, I'll be sharing with you my top makeup, skin care, and hair care picks of 2013. Hope you enjoy my selections! I won't be blogging directly from NYC, but I'll be sure to give you a photo recap when I return!

Have I tempted you with anything from this list? Tried and loved any the goodies featured above? Do you like visiting NYC as much as I do?

Thanks for reading! :)

33 comments:

  1. Anna from VDM just posted on Clinique's Repairwear Intensive Lip treatment, says it's similar to the (more expensive) Baume de Rose. Though it may not have spf. I may check it out…

    So excited to get (shopping) updates on your trip to NYC! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check out that Clinique lip treatment for sure! Thanks for letting me know about it :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! So many great products to choose from :)

      Delete
  3. I have just purchased the deep cleansing mask like 2 days ago, just waiting for it to arrive! :D I have high hopes!! XX

    aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip!
    Not going to lie I've always wanted to try that By Terry lip balm.
    Cute post, have fun shopping! :)
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes!!! get inglots!!!! i went and spent about 2hrs making a great palette. its so hard to choose the colors but i'm excited to see what you end up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there really were so many shades to choose from! :)

      Delete
  6. I've been keen to get my hands on the Jouer moisture tint! Have a great time in the US!
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's still on my wishlist for sure :)

      Delete
  7. Love all the makeup, especially the Inglot palette. Have fun gorgeous!

    http://www.mursway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! LOVE the Jouer products, although I was searching for them in NYC and couldn't track 'em down. Ah hope you have better luck than I do. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't come across them either. Still on the wishlist!

      Delete
  9. Oh, I love those eye shadows! I totally need some good ones :/

    P.S. What do you think about following each other via GFC and Bloglovin? I'd totally love it! :) Let me know x

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved all products!
    cool blog <3
    xoxo

    guitarrebel.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  11. good help
    I'm following u via GFC&bloglovin, hope u can follow back. THX XOXO

    Moda della donna

    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good wishlist! Have fun in NYC! You should swing by the ELF store too and pick up some of their holiday palettes that are on sale on their site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for the recommendation :)

      Delete
  13. I have never used these products but they look very interesting though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I've tempted you, Gail ;) Thanks for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  14. Oh NYC, how exciting! I've been eyeing the Omorovicza Cleansing Balm, Jouer TM and Sunday Riley Good Genes for a while, gosh I'll be so jealous if you end up buying them all. Hope you'll have a good flight x

    9 out of ten | find and follow me on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, didn't pick up full sizes of any, but have been sampling Good Genes and it's really nice! xo

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)