FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Friday 27 December 2013

Christmas Goodies from my Sis!

Hi, everyone! Hope all of you have had a wonderful holiday and are promptly recovering from your hangovers and food comas ;)

My little sister has a knack for putting together thoughtful makeup-filled gifts, and my goodies from her this Christmas were no exception!

Here's a look at what she gave me:


My sister knows I'm a sucker for Essie Nail Polishes, so she chose two lovely metallic shades, Blue Rhapsody (an icy silvery blue) and Nothing Else Metals (a frosty lilac pink). I'd hinted about my affinity for the new Revlon Matte Balms and Lacquer Balms, and she took my cue and picked up Unapologetic (a warm hot pink with coral undertones), Enticing (a warm red with subtle brown undertones), and Whimsical (a shimmery berry purple). I'd also let her know that the quality of Wet N' Wild had improved exponentially of late, so she snagged the Comfort Zone palette, which has been on my wishlist for ages! She also included the December issue of Vogue, since she knows I'm a sucker for high fashion now and again. Jessica Chastain looks fantastic on the cover!

I was so pumped about the new Revlon balms, that I swatched them instantly. Here's how the shades and finishes look against my MAC NC15-20 skin tone:

(L-R): Whimsical, Enticing, Unapologetic

She also got me a lovely framed photo from her wedding and my favourite bar of dark chili chocolate. The girl knows what I like! Can't wait to give everything a go- sure you will be seeing some related reviews and looks coming soon! Thanks again, Karen, for such a great gift!

Did you receive any fun beauty goodies over the holidays? Tried and loved any of the products featured here?

Thanks for reading! xo

36 comments:

  1. Your sis did very well! Those lip crayons look amazing!! Funnily enough, I didn't get any beauty goodies, maybe it's a hint that I have too much haha. I did get a Rae Morris beauty book which I'm very excited to read!
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I definitely didn't need any goodies, but I'm glad I got some! Hope you enjoy the book :)

      Delete
  2. Nice, she's a great gifter :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Essie colors!! I'm so loving this post!!

    -Karin
    Come visit my blog!
    http://theestylenotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! Can't wait to give these Essie shades a go :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely gift, can't wait to hear your two cents on the revlon lip pencils.
    Hope you are having a fantastic holiday!
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! Check out my latest post for a review :)

      Delete
  5. You sister definitely has good taste!
    nentasfrivolity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sister did great! I love how Unapologetic looks! :)

    http://ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did! Unapologetic is one of my faves :)

      Delete
  7. I got the exact same palette from my other half! Nice Christmas haul from your sister - great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome presents! Those lipstick colours are gorgeous!

    Also, have a lovely time in New York! How exciting! Wish I could be going back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! Loving the lip colours and had a great time in NYC :)

      Delete
  9. What a lovely gift! Your sista rules!! :D

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful christmas presents!
    wish you happy holidays!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so happy with everything :)

      Delete
  12. You received so many lovely things! I would love to try the Revlon lipbalms, but it's so hard to get them here in Belgium.. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! The pencils really are great- hope you can track them down :)

      Delete
  13. happy sunday sweety! <3

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I steal your sister?? Really, can I? I actually got some beauty goodies, my boyfriend went crazy and bought me like 5 different nail polishes, which was a cool surprise, usually I don't get anything from the beauty/cosmetics department. But still... Would you mind if I took your sister for a year or two?:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think I'll keep her :) She's fab at gifting! What a nice surprise from your boyfriend! xo

      Delete
  15. Unapologetic is just wow!
    Great gifts.

    Kah-Feh Yen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks for stopping by, Wanischa :)

      Delete
  16. Your sister is fab at gift giving! Hope you had a fab Xmas! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been trying to track down those Revlon Matte Balms but everywhere I've seen them, they've been pretty picked over or opened and tested. That one you got is such a gorgeous colour though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're able to track some down! They're really great :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)